Oh, here I go again, getting offended this week again.
I get offended way too much. I get offended when I am not asked first. I get offended when my idea is not chosen. I get offended … oh well … I could go on and on. You get the idea.
I have found that when I get offended it is not easy to get rid of the offense. They are like huge weights around my spirit. It is easy to nurse the offense for years. I can assure you that I have a good reason for my offense!
As the chains of offense weigh me down and I decide to finally cut them off here are some simple steps that have helped me. Simple to say but hard to do.
1. Ask God to heal your wounds.
2. Ask God to show you what you did wrong and if necessary for forgiveness on your part.
3. Decide to try and reconcile the relationship if possible.
4. Ask God to supernaturally heal the relationship.
5. Speak a blessing over them.
6. If possible, go to the person and ask for forgiveness.
You don’t have to trust the person again, that is earned, but the goal is to get to the place where there is no offense between you. It’s hard reconciling offenses, but it will reduce so much stress in your life. It will bring more peace and be a testimony to the power of the Cross.
Matthew 6:14-15 (NLT) “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Leave a Reply