Where are we going as Christians? In my last two blogs I talked about where we have been and where we are now. Today I want to talk about where I believe we are going as a church over the next three years. I believe that the Holy Spirit is leading us into A New Life Style.
It is a life style of actually learning to live out and walk in the new vision God gave us during the first 7 years of this decade. Over the next three years I believe we will see major growth in our lives in the following areas:
- Divine connections with others. This includes the ability to work with others as a team in a way that we never have before.
- Learning that our finances are based on God’s economy and not man’s.
- True fulfillment, with no striving, in the gifts and position that God has given us.
- Much growth in the gifts, especially faith, discernment, and healing.
- Major time of equipping the next group of Laborers.
This last point is going to be a big part of the church’s mandate. Matthew 9:37-38 tells us that the harvest of men’s souls is ready to be picked but that there are not enough laborers to bring the harvest in. Jesus then says to pray that laborers would come in. The next three years is a time to pray for laborers to get saved, come into the church, and then to be equipped! We are going to be equipped and be equippers! The coming harvest needs all of the hands it can get!
Get ready, over the next three years we are going to be seeing ourselves walk in a new lifestyle!