I believe a major change happened in God’s dealings with His people around the year 2000. He started a multi-decade move to restore additional truths into the earth. There has been much transition over the last 7 years trying to understand what truths these changes brought.
God is answering our prayer as found in Matthew 6:9b-10 “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” He is bringing heaven to earth! To do this we must walk as Christians in additional truths and lifestyles.
Here are some of the kingdom truths that I believe God is restoring to the church. All of these truths have been around since the Book of Acts, but I believe God is moving them from the ‘I know that’ stage into the ‘I am that’ lifestyle.
- Acceptance of the leadership gift of Apostle (Ephesians 4:11-13). With this gift being accepted on a broader scale we now have all 5 leadership gifts – Apostle, Prophet, Pastor, Evangelist, and Teacher – working together for the first time since the early Church. This will bring the church into a deeper level of maturity.
- Seeing the Holy Spirit as a person. The Charismatic movement (~1960 – 2000) introduced the Church to the gifts of the Holy Spirit. We are now learning to walk with Him as a person and not just as a giver of gifts. This is introducing a whole new level of insight, revelation, and friendship.
- It’s about the Kingdom of God and not just the Church. Our vision has grown to believe God wants to move in all areas of society – Government, Business, Family, Arts & Entertainment, Education, and the Church.
- Moving us from a squatter mentality to a pioneer. The desire to take new ground is growing. Expansion is becoming the normal.
- Becoming the army of the Lord. We are finding our position in God’s army and entering training to be effective weapons for God.
- Team work. The single mindedness of my ministry is being replaced by the team’s ministry of which I am a team player.
- God wants us to walk in all 9 Supernatural Gifts (1 Cor. 12:4-11) as a normal part of our lives – Healing, Miracles, Faith, Discernment, Tongues, Interpretation of Tongues, Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, and Prophecy,
It will take the next several decades to realize the full potential of the change that God brought. As we have been adjusting our minds, churches, and lifestyles to embrace these truths they have brought much shaking, separation, and realignment. This has been a hard period of transition. But as we learn to walk out these new (should I say revived) truths it will truly have a profound impact on us and the world.
Next week – Where are We Now in 2008-2009?
By the way, this is my 51st blog post. One year ago when I started this I would have found it hard to believe that I would ever do over 50 blogs. Even more, I can’t believe that you are still reading them. Thank you! My desire is that each post causes us to want more of Him. Expansion!